Shani Trayodashi Vrat Significance:
The Pradosh Vrat ( Shani Trayodashi Vrat ) is observed on the Trayodashi Tithi by those who honour Lord Shiva and remember his triumph over the demons. As the day on which Mahadeva triumphed over the Asuras and Danavas—beings who had wreaked havoc and threatened the very existence of all things—the Trayodashi Tithi is a momentous occasion.
The meaning of the Pradosh Vrat is explained by a legend. One ancient Indian scripture claims that on the Pradosh Kaal tithi of Trayodashi, Lord Shiva, with his vahana (horse), Nandi (the bull), rescued the Devas from the demons. Mount Kailash (Lord Shiva’s holy abode) was visited by the Devas during Pradosh Kaal because they needed divine intervention to survive the atrocities being done by the Asuras. So Lord Shiva and his trusty bull Nandi went to war with the demons and ultimately defeated them. After then, tranquility returned.
Thus, worshippers fast on Trayodashi Tithi and offer prayers to Lord Shiva during Pradosh Kaal (approximately around 1.5 hours before and 1.5 hours after dusk) in the hopes of receiving his favour and leading a peaceful, happy, prosperous life.
Nakshatrika is home to the best online astrologer you can find if you want to learn more about the concept and the rituals associated with Shani Trayodashi Vrat. Nakshatrika has answers to humankind-related concerns and problems. Nakshatrika has the best astrologer in India; therefore, if you have marital, professional, academic, or other types of troubles, you can come to him for help.
Lord Shiva’s Blessings through the Shani Trayodashi Vrat:
Natives pray to Lord Shiva 45 minutes before Sunset and 45 minutes after Sunset on Shani Trayodashi Vrat. Many people believe that if they do this, they will receive divine favour from both Lord Shiva and Lord Shani. Even if Saturn, Shani’s Sade Sati, or Dhaiya have been wreaking havoc on a person’s Kundli, these problems can be eliminated or greatly mitigated with the help of astrological remedies.
Puja And Rituals For Shani Trayodashi:
The morning and evening hours of the Shani Trayodashi Vrat are dedicated to the special worship of Lord Shiva and Shani. The evening is the best time to do the Vrat Puja this time of year. All Shiva and Shani temples perform the Shani Pradosh Mantra at Sunset on this Tithi. To maximize the positive effects of the Shani Pradosh Vrat, some guidelines should be followed during this time of year. Several of these are described in detail below.
- In the early hours of the morning on the fasting day of Shani Trayodashi, you should perform a ritualistic bathing ritual. Dress neatly or in brand-new threads later.
- After then, look directly at the Sun and give it Arghya.
- The next step is to pay homage to the Shivling at a Shiva temple by bringing gifts such as Bel Patra, Akshat, lamps, Dhoop(incense), Ganga water, etc.
- Then, you should go to a Shani temple and make an offering of mustard oil and black sesame seeds to the Idol of Lord Shani without touching it.
- A four-sided mustard oil lamp should also be lit under a Peepal tree and within a Shani shrine. Promise to keep the Trayodashi fast afterward by swearing.
- This fast requires total abstinence from all food and drink throughout the day for those who are of the native culture.
- If that is not an option, stick to a fruit-only diet and eat your major meal in the evening.
- Make sure you get a shower and dress in all white on Shani Trayodashi.
- Use either regular water or Gangaajal to wash the altar clean afterward.
- During that time, you can also draw Rangoli on the altar with a variety of colours to adorn it.
- Repeat the Shiva Mantra, “Om Namah Shivay,” as often as possible during the day.
- Panchamrit (curd, milk, gay, sugar, and honey) should be used to cleanse Lord Shiva’s idol during the pradosh Kaal, and water should be used to finish the job afterward.
- Lastly, offer sacrifices to the Lord using Roli, Moli, rice, incense, lamps, etc.
Mantra For Shani Trayodashi Vrat:
नीलांजन समाभासं रविपुत्रं
संभूतं तन्नमामि शनैश्चरम।।
ओं शनैश्चराय विद्महे
नीलदेहाय धीमहि। तन्नो शनि
Get in touch with Nakshatrika to learn more about the meaning and advantages of Shani Trayodashi Vrat. Take advantage of Nakshatrika’s convenient online Puja service and worship God whenever and wherever you like. As Nakshatrika also provides live darshan or online darshan for devotional clients who wants to visit temples but are unable to. So connect with Nakshatrika and avail of its services.