When the moon declines, the auspicious Kala Bhairava Jayanthi occurs on Ashtami, the eighth day of the Krishna Paksha. Also known as Mahakaal Bhairavashtami or Kala Bhairava Ashtami, Kala Bhairava Jayanthi is a Hindu holiday. This day marks the anniversary of Lord Kala Bhairava’s birth and falls in the Hindu month of Kartik, which falls on the English calendar between October and November.
The terrifying Kala Bhairava is a manifestation of Lord Shiva, who took on this shape to teach people the importance of time management. Given that Tuesdays and Sundays are considered sacred to Lord Kala Bhairava, these days are thought to give the occasion even greater significance. The Indian subcontinent celebrates this important occasion with great enthusiasm and excitement. The Indian subcontinent celebrates this important occasion with great zeal and excitement.
What Kalabhairav Jayanti means?
The celebration of Kala Bhairav Jayanti has great religious and spiritual importance for followers of Lord Shiva. The account of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva debating their relative positions and abilities in the cosmos is told in an intriguing anecdote. According to legend, Lord Bhairav emerged out of nowhere from Shiva’s forehead to resolve the conflict. Bhairav abruptly changed the course of events by cutting off one of Lord Brahma’s heads, leaving him with four heads. It restored the universe’s natural balance since Brahma’s four heads stand for the Hindu religion’s four sacred scriptures, or “Vedas.” In a statuette, Lord Bhairav sits on a dog and brandishes a rod to punish sinners.
On Lord Bhairav’s birthday, throngs of followers worship him to atone for their forgiveness. According to popular belief, worshipping Lord Kala Bhairava on his birthday revitalizes one’s spirit and promotes health. Obtaining the Lord’s blessings is also essential if you want to succeed and advance in your pursuits. Worshipping Lord Bhairava will counteract all Rahu and Shani doshas in one’s natal chart. The Kala Bhairava Jayanthi event offers a wonderful opportunity to do special pujas for our deceased ancestors and assist them in receiving “Moksha” from the Pitru Loku.
In turn, this will assist in clearing our negative karma and releasing us from stumbling blocks. Praying to Lord Kala Bhairava has also been shown to be beneficial for those who are involved in legal matters. We can worship Lord Bhairava and lose our dread of evil spirits and forces. Enemies will also be defeated, as well as all bad energy.
The Kala Bhairava Jayanthi or any other Jayanti should be performed properly by adhering to all the guidelines established since ancient times to get full advantages. To learn more about the specifics of the Vrat, consult the astrologer. You can perform online puja and get the best online astrologer at Nakshatrika, who can share the specifics of every vrat. Besides this, Nakshatrika also provides online puja services.
Observances for Kala bhairava Jayanthi
- Devotees worship Lord Kala Bhairav, Shiva, and Parvati on the day of Kalabhairav Jayanti with fruits, flowers, and sweets. They also recite the Kalabhairav Katha when the puja is over.
- On the day of Kalabhairav Jayanti, devotees rise early and take a bath before performing special pujas and rituals for their deceased ancestors.
- Devotees maintain watch all night long on Kala Bhairav Jayanti and tell tales of Lord Kala Bhairav and Lord Shiva. With traditional musical instruments like drums, bells, and conches, they conduct the ‘aarti’ at midnight while fervently chanting the mantras dedicated to Bhairav.
- On Kalabhairav Jayanti, some devotees even observe a severe fast during the day. It is a widely held idea that the performer of this vrat will be able to overcome all challenges and achieve overall success.
- In some areas, dogs are given milk and treat on this day as Lord Kala Bhairav rides a dog.
- On this day, unique rituals are performed in India’s temples dedicated to Lord Kala Bhairava
- . People go to the temples in the evenings and participate in the “Shodashopachar Puja.”
If you have any additional questions regarding Kala Bhairava Jayanthi or other vrat or rituals, speak with Nakshatrika. In addition, Nakshatrika is home to the top astrologer in India, who specializes in resolving problems involving children, relationships, and other aspects of daily life. Nakshatrika offers live or online darshan for its customers who cannot visit temples.