The Moon and Earth are separated by one whole moon night yearly by a smaller distance than usual. On this night, the Moon’s rays have unique therapeutic qualities. Sharad Purnima is observed on this night all across the world. This night has a lot of spiritual significance and contributes to our overall well-being, happiness, and spiritual growth.
What is the concept behind celebrating Sharad Purnima?
A full moon day during the Hindu lunar month of Ashwin is designated to celebrate Sharad Purnima. On this day, the Moon showers Amrit, the elixir of life, on Earth through its beams; it is also known as the Kaumudi (moonlight) celebration. Particular happiness is felt when the Moon is full, especially after the rains.
It is essentially a harvest festival with religious overtones. Anyone who worships the Goddess on this night and keeps a fast is said to be fortunate even if Lakshmi Yoga does not exist in their horoscope.
The Goddess Lakshmi is also thought to have been born on Sharad Purnima. Anyone keeping this fast abstains from eating solid foods. After the fast, they must first sample a cold milk and rice flakes concoction.
If you want more details about the concept and how to perform rituals, then contact the best online astrologer at Nakshatrika. Nakshatrika also provides solutions for humankind. For marriage-related problems, jobs, school, personal problems, or personal or professional concerns, Nakshatrika has the resolution as it has the best astrologer in India.
Sharad Purnima Fast and Puja Rituals:
On this day, a promising practice is to worship Maa Laxmi and the Moon. Every devotee is required to fast on Sharad Purnima from dawn to dusk. In several places in India, devotees carry out unique rites in the evening. The following are a few of the most common rituals:
- It would be best if you awakened like a devotee at the Brahma Muhurta very early in the morning. Moreover, take a bath in a sacred lake, pond, or river. You can dab a few drops of Gangajal on yourself if bathing in a holy river is not an option.
- Second, make a sincere commitment to fasting on this day.
- Make sure to pour some Ganga Jal over the picture or idol of Goddess Laxmi before worshipping her. You can take her spiritual frame home and set it on a red cloth.
- Dress up Maa Lakshmi in lavish clothing and jewelry. Then present her with fruits, candy, and lotus flowers.
- Repeat mantras and prayers after lighting a Diya in front of her. You must begin worshipping the Goddess and reciting the Katha during the Puja.
To know every detail of the Puja and know what to do and what not to do on this Sharad Purnima, contact Nakshatrika. Nakshatrika also performs online Puja. Along with this, if you cannot visit temples, then Nakshatrika will provide live darshan to its clients.
Importance of Sharad Purnima:
This religious festival holds a special meaning. The Moon is exceptionally close to the Earth on this day, bringing all its benefits. Couples having difficulties getting pregnant should follow this quickly for the desired results. Single girls can use this ritual to find a good husband.
Vedic astrology states that the moonlight that occurs on this day maximizes spiritual power. Devotees can also worship Goddess Laxmi to gain her blessings and obtain unsurpassed wealth. Therefore, Sharad Purnima is an important Hindu holiday that must be observed with utmost dedication.
It is a common misconception that the Moon blesses and nourishes the land by bestowing her healing abilities. Devotees take advantage of this chance by reaping the rewards of the celestial body’s healing abilities.
From the perspective of spiritual enlightenment, it is also crucial. If we meditate in the moonlight, it’s thought that all of our chakras open up, awaken, and become prepared for activation and alignment. By focusing on the chakras during this night’s meditation, you can heal, align, activate, and empower them.
Another significance of this day is that it is thought to be the birthdate of Lord Shiva’s son Kumar, also known as Kartikeya. Therefore, women who want an attractive husband spend this day fasting and praying for the right man.
Health Benefits concerned with Sharad Purnima:
- You can take the milk and rice custard in the moonlight to treat acidity.
- You can keep water in a clear jar all night and drink it in the morning to treat PCOD, PCOS, and any other feminine difficulties experienced by women.
- Consuming food stored in moonlight also aids in improving mental health and regulating emotions.
To know more about the significance and benefits of Sharad Purnima, connect Nakshatrika. Avail of the online puja service from Nakshatrika, and you can perform Puja online at your convenience.