Gita Jayanti Sanjaya told King Dhritarashtra the story of the battle in Kurukshetra, a famed Hindu pilgrimage site. Sanjaya was endowed by Rishi Ved Vyasa with the enigmatic capacity to know the past, present, and future; as a result, he could tell Dhritarashtra the story exactly as it was. According to the Hindu calendar, Haryana is home to Kurukshetra, commemorated on Shukla Ekadashi, the eleventh day of the Margashirsha month.
Sanjaya told King Dhritarashtra the story of the battle in Kurukshetra, a famed Hindu pilgrimage site. Sanjaya was endowed by Rishi Ved Vyasa with the enigmatic capacity to know the past, present, and future; as a result, he could tell Dhritarashtra the story exactly as it was. According to the Hindu calendar, Haryana is home to Kurukshetra, commemorated on Shukla Ekadashi, the eleventh day of the Margashirsha month.
Arjuna allegedly hesitated to draw his sword in battle against his family members on the first day because he was ashamed of the prospect of killing them. Arjuna fought bravely in the battle, destroying the Kauravas, and spared no one in the conflict. His charioteer, Lord Shri Krishna, opened his eyes to the reality of life by teaching him the Gita. The Bhagavad Gita contains the teachings of Karma Yoga, Gyan Yoga, and Bhakti Yoga, the understanding of which aids in releasing oneself from worldly attachment and recognizing right and wrong. Gita purifies the heart, mind, and soul, and whoever follows it develops an innate righteousness. The Gita contains lessons on the art of living.
Celebration Of Gita Jayanti :
- The Sanatana dharma adherents are the main celebrators of Gita Jayanti. The 700 verses that make up the Bhagavad Gita teach the moral principles everyone should uphold and the spiritual precepts for those following a spiritual path.
- Because this day is Ekadashi, which occurs twice per lunar month, most people also fast on this day. Gita chanting competitions are held to entice people to engage with Gita deeply.
- The main attraction of this festival is when tens of thousands of people gather to just listen to the speeches of Yogis, monks, and erudite intellectuals.
- Today, it is thought to be particularly promising to freely distribute Gita copies. According to knowledgeable sources, people who repeat the Gita daily and adhere to its teachings will be saved. To guide a student toward accomplishment and realization, the Gita lifts the curtain of illusion or Maya.
- A cultural mash-up of cuisine, history, legacy, and spirituality known as dharma kshetra will take place in Kurukshetra from November 19 to December 6, 2022, in honour of Gita Mahotsav. The Shilp Mela, Yagya, Geeta Path, Bhajan, Aarti, and other events draw crowds.
Timings And Date Of Gita Jayanti 2022 :
December 3, 2022, is Mokshada Ekadashi. On December 3, 2022, at 5:39 am, Ekadashi Tithi begins. Ekadashi Tithi Ends on December 4, 2022, at 05:34. The International Gita Festival will take place on December 3, 2022.
History And Origin Of Gita Jayanti :
When Arjuna, the warrior prince from the Pandava side, hesitated to start the war against the Kauravas, Lord Krishna taught him the ultimate book, the Bhagavad Gita, or the manual for self-mastery and life management, for the first time. This day is commemorated as Gita Jayanti.
Gita Jayanti is also known as Gita’s birthday, or the day Lord Krishna revealed Gita’s words to the world. According to the Gregorian calendar, the Bhagavad Gita’s birthday is observed in the Shukla Ekadashi month of November or December. It was the day that Lord Krishna, with Arjuna in charge, declared the Battle of Kurukshetra to have begun.
The birthday of Srimad Bhagavad Gita is celebrated with the Gita Jayanti Samaroh, a large-scale festival. The festival lasts a week and includes a shloka recital, dance acts, a reading of the Bhagwad Katha, Bhajans, plays, book exhibitions, and free medical check-up clinics. The Haryana Tourism, Information, and Public Relations Departments jointly organize the Samaroh.
Puja Rituals Of Gita Jayanti :
- People venerate Ved Vyasa and Shrimad Bhagavad Gita and mark the Mokshada Jayanti by fasting on this day by religious tenets.
- On Gita day, people travel from around the world to Kurukshetra to bathe in the holy pools.
- Following the worship of Lord Krishna, aarti is conducted at home. Since Ekadashi is also observed concurrently, followers adhere to a grain-free diet.
- Numerous celebrations are planned to convey to the younger generation the importance of adhering to Dharma and the benefit of reading the Gita to live a full life.
If you have a further query or any of your doubt is unresolved about Gita Jayanti, then contact Nakshatrika. Nakshatrika has the best online astrologer who will share knowledge and guidance about Gita Jayanti. For knowing about any custom or ritual, Nakshatrika is the top-notch solution. Additionally, Nakshatrika is the best astrologer in India who is well-known for resolving any humankind queries, if you have a marital issue, relationship issue, or any such kind of issue
Besides this, Nakshatrika also offers online puja service and online darshan facilities. If you are unsure about how to conduct puja or do not know the exact vidhi, then Nakshatrika will conduct online puja on your behalf.